Sonntag, 24. Januar 2010

Jenny in Malmö

So the second thing was in Malmö. We had one day in between where Anja drove us from Kil to Halmstad, where we had booked a hostel. The hostel itself was an adventure since it was a former home of poor people, after that a place for old people, a home for drug addicted and now is a youth hostel. It had the style of a school and even smelled like that and we were lucky that it was just one night we had to stay there. Definitely the worst hostel I ever slept in. We arrived there around 4 in the afternoon and I was hoping to get to see Halmstad at daylight but since we had to wait for the host for a long time it was dark when we finally were on our way into town. So all we did was eating a pizza and go back to the hostel.

We went to bed early, since there was nothing else to do. I woke up around midnight and hoped it was already time soon to get up, but as it was midnight I had a long night in front of me. Woke up again at 7 ... so I got to read 2 hours. Thank God I brought a big book (approx. 600 pages) since I obviously need like 4 hours less sleep than Anja. Which means that I spend time reading before I get tired and wake up early ... so more reading.

ANYWAY ... so we went to Malmö the day after, arrived there around 12 pm. So we parked the car (Malmö has really high charges for parking I can tell) and went to the central station where we guessed the tourist information would be. And it was. So we got a map to find out where the church is. After that we went to the city center I did some shopping, we had lunch at the golden M and then we went to the church. There we got to know that Jenny's book presentation would be at 9 pm and not 8 as we thought. So we went back to the hostel. Unfortunately we took a wrong road so our way back took more than one hour, while the hostel was actually 10 minutes away as we realized later. So after we had a long trip and saw more of Malmö as we actually wanted we arrived at the hostel. We checked in and prepared ourselves for the evening.

When that was done we went to the church, which wasn't open yet so we went to the shopping mall right across the street to get something to eat. Nothing was open so we had a look at the other stores. We just had a small break and wanted to go along when suddenly Jenny was walking by. She wore a hat and had somehow Michael Jackson style and was looking for food as well as we got to know later on.

So finally it was time, we went into the church, which was huge. Jenny was waving at us, while I was still amazed by the huge dome and the organ lol. So we went up to her. She told us that she didn't have any rehearsals that she is just going to talk not to sing and that the choir is singing popsongs. We agreed that this was interesting.

We started to prepare our stuff when Jenny left. And the program started as planned. The choir was singing. Jenny was talking about her book. I'm always amazed that I heard the program so many times already and can still laugh at the funny parts e.g. when Jenny is talking about her basket ball experience and still get a clump in my stomach when she is talking about the attack or how her mother told that she had cancer. I still think about my sureties in life when she is talking about how she experienced God and how HE helped her through the rough times. It's just a touching experience everytime.

After that they had a service, which we also attended. When this one was also over Jenny sold and signed her book. She came back to us afterwards, sitting in front of is telling us that it was so cold that one is freezing his ass of. And she was right. She said do you wanna have a tea, you are freezing and I said no. Yes she said, come on, got up and went with us to the back of the church where they were serving those things. So what should I do? Of course she was right, I was feeling better when I was drinking that tea. Jenny was caught by a woman who was talking to her... and talking ... and talking.

Then she suddenly left. I just thought well and there she goes and we don't have a clue where the concert tomorrow is. Jenny seemed to hear my thoughts because in that moment she was turning around, like she just remembered that she had forgotten us. She came back to us to say bye. I asked her about the church and she told us that it was Stenkyrkan. So we were saying bye for that night because Jenny was going back home the same night and it was 11:30 pm already.

So we went back to the hostel and it was the first night I fell asleep right away, because I was so tired and we had to get up at 6 am again to go back to Gothenburg.

Walking in the footsteps of Jenny is still a lot of fun ...

That was the Malmö experience ... don't think I will go there again .... just for another Jenny performance =)

Hugs
/J.

4 Kommentare:

  1. I really don't know how you manage to keep up with what you are doing but cheers to that!
    Are there any concerts nearby gbg anytime soon, while you are still here?

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. What a journey you seem to do! ;) Hope to be able to see a lecture/concert soon!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. At least the car started properly this time. ;) And now you have another hostel to write about for your book.

    Looking forward to downloading all this material from jennyberggren.net. Woohoo!

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh I visited so many different hostels B&B etc. so I am just looking for a proper name for my advice blog lol

    AntwortenLöschen