Samstag, 5. Juni 2010

back from my holidays

I'm back. I had 2 very relaxing weeks on Gran Canaria. It was fun, the nature was nice and very different from what I have experienced before. The island is definatly worth visiting and I will write about what we did a little more detailed later on. I've never been in a big hotel club before, could never imagine spending days at the pool instead of stroling around and see a lot of things. So this time I had it both, some culture and a lot of relaxing :)

The holidays started with an early flight, contained the plan to listen to Beautiful Life at its origin island :), see a lot of new things and relax. The flight was at 6 am, so we left home in the middle of the night. It was OK though.

We flew with Germania, never did that before as well. The day before I read some holiday ratings on the hotel and after that I was worried a whole night what I booked us into, because the last ratings were awfull. I found out that internet ratings don't tell the truth. I think I will have to write another blog on those ratings later on :).
The hotel was very nice, had 4 pools, a lot of activities and an awesome view. The food was so good that I will have to live on bread and water the coming weeks I guess lol.

Since everyone seemed to have checked in the evening before we had to sit separately, which was annoying. The second thing was that the couple that sat next to me broke my headphone so that plan to listen to BL were already destroyed when the aircraft landed :(

The funny thing was that that couple was going to the same hotel as we did and also returned home with us today.

Something that also broke on my journey is my suitcase. It's unbelievable how many suitcases I had the past years. I basically had to buy a new one every year and it was never my fault. Luckly I had the chance all the times before to return them to the store. This time the airline broke one of the wheels so I really hope they will pay for the repair.
Funny was actually that Gran Canaria seems to be for the Swedes what Mallorca is for the Germans. They even have a small colony called "New Sweden", Swedish and Scandinavian churches, a lot of Swedish shopps. I'm convinced that I read more Swedish in the surrounding where we were located than Spanish :)

Well I will resize some pictures and give you some smaller reports on the things we did within the coming days I guess
Hugs/J.

View out of our window :)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen