This years pre-summer-vacation brought me to Tenerife. I have no idea where the idea come from that I have to visit al Canarian Island's. I don't have a time limit either. But since I was on Gran Canaria last year, this year it's supposed to be Tenerife.
Could I imagine that this island is full of surprises? No .... not those for sure. Last year we had up to +40 °C in the shadow, this year we have 23 and seem to have end up at the wrong side of the island.
When I arrived on Sunday it was cloudy, then I got on the bus, we passed cloudy, sunny, cloudy.... sunny cloudy, darker clouds, even darker clouds .... stop at the hotel. It would be gone by tomorrow I told myself. It turned out to be wrong I learned the day after, when I woke up and realized IT WAS RAINING!!! What kind of paradise is that? I didn't get into a better mood watching the weather report of German TV that talked about the hottest day of the year so far and sun in the whole country. Looking out of the window told me I am in the wrong place.
I got up ..... the rain got a little less. After breakfast I checked if the hotel got internet and got to know it is broken... plus Monday was national holiday so no internet for me... I told myself that this was my chance to relax but I'm addicted what can I do?
So Monday I went from the hotel to Puerto De La Cruz, watching all the celebrations going on on the streets because of the holiday. The rain was over and I even saw some sun at the end of the day.
Tuesday: waking up I saw clouds again, +20°C... still no internet... going for a walk in the other direction which lead through banana tree fields along the stony coast ... I even got a sun burn despite all the clouds lol the sun found it's way to my skin.
Third day here so far.... today I went to Santa Cruz which is the capital of this island. Not that impressing, but you sort of have to be there and guess what? They've got sun :) So finally at the other side of the volcano mountains they had sun. The sky was blue no cloud at all... my face is all read now....with all the sun I got today. Now I'm back at my hotel looking out of the window seeing all the clouds again, which will still be here tomorrow... and as you can see internet is fixed ;) successful day as you can see...
So see you tomorrow
hugs
/J.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen