Well this was again quite a stressful trip to Sweden. Anja and I took the flight on Friday to Gothenburg and arrived there at 1 p.m., we went to my friend to get the keys to the apartment we would stay in, had some time to talk there and after we left the suitcases in that apartment we went to freeport, since I had a big list of things to buy. The outcome was less than I expected, but it was OK.
On Saturday it was time for the bookfair. It was so crowded. Far to many people on a compared to German fairs small space. The stand that Jenny's publisher's had was rather small but filled with a buch of very nice people. Esp. Anna Braw, who actually discovered Jenny's story and made her write that book, was so cute and nice. We bought books for us and for the people we were supposed to buy books to to get them signed. Then we discover Katie, a girl from the US, who told me that she is gonna come. Another nice Acer I can tell =). Suddenly after that, maybe at the same time Jenny arrives smiling at us, asking how we have been. She was stuck in trafic and had hard times coming to the stand. We don't have that much time since the book presentation is about to start and we have to prepare ourselves and so has Jenny. She doesn't even have time to change her shoes, so the first presentation she is wearing her red puma sneakers.
After the presentation she signes books and when this is finished, she wants us to come back to her, because she has a new song that she want's us to listen to. I tell her that I have headphones. When Anja and I want to share those, she says, no we should take the time to listen carefully to that song. So I am first. 3 faces are watching me, when that song starts. When I start to bang my head to that powerful song with the title "Here I am" I see that Jenny is laughing. It's a great song with so much energy. I concentrate hard to remember the melody, but it's impossible. The only line I remember is "I'm a /the queen of confusion." and that just because of the fact that I think that fits lol ....
After that it's Anja's turn and then Katie's. They both seem to like that song as well. When we all had listened to the song, Jenny tells about the video she shot. She seems again very proud of herself, and she has any right to be. We decide to have a coffee together, since Katie came form the airport directly and hadn't eaten yet. Jenny is leaidng us to different places, which are all crowded and busy. At the end she takes us up into the skyskraper to the restaurant Heaven 23. She tells us that she had worked there as a croupier. But even there there are so many people that you hardly get a seat. But Jenny is quick and when some people leave a table she is running to them and gets it. When we sit she tells us about the book and about her life.
Since it took to long to find that place to eat Jenny has to leave at 2:15 p.m. since the next presentation is 15 minutes later. When Katie has finished her meal we return to the publisher's stand. Jenny has to go somehwere else and Katie has to go to her hotel the check in, so Anja and I have a look at the other publishers. I buy too many books (9) that day and have a heavy bag when I return to Libris for the last presentation of that day.
Anna Braw comes to us and asks if it is better when the presentation is done in English and if we wanna have an interview the day after. We agree and so another one from Libris comes to us to talk about the room he would organzise for Sunday. This is far beyond what we expected, so we feel so happy, that we can't stop smiling. We record the last presentation of the day which is held in Englisch and say bye to Jenny for that day. We have another look at the other stands and leave the fair after that.
(more comes later ...)
Nice report. Always fun to read what happened around a meeting or an interview. Those extra details are always so interesting. And I think it's cool they did a presentation in English for those who couldn't understand the ones in Swedish. Can't wait to see the clips and maybe even hear the song in the next few months!
AntwortenLöschen