Samstag, 27. November 2010

Catastrophy flight 6569

What a week .... It started a little not so stressed lol which means I had a "short" 8,5 hour day on monday followed up by a visit at the dentist. Yeah I finally made it for this year ... it was about time since I had to cancel at least 3 dates at the dentist during the year because of work (meetings and other things). So I didn't have that much time left until the end of the year. In Germany you have to go once a year to have the full insurance in case of damage lol

Tuesday ... was OK too I guess. I really have no clue right now how Tuesday was lol but I went to the gym, so it wasn't that bad. But I had to get prepared for the coming 3 days.

4 hours or sleep on Wednesday .... when I went to the bus stop I met first a huge dog which wanted to eat me (yes you know I'm afraid of dogs - so a running and jumping dog straight in front of me running in my directing IS scary) ... waiting for the bus stop it started to snow. It became worse when I had to switch to the other bus. The flight to Düsseldorf took of almost in time .... so just a small delay. I worked late this day since I had to go back to Berlin ... the flight back was delayed so that I was home around 11:15 p.m.

BUT the worst was actually that this night would also have only 4 hours to sleep since I had to go to Frankfurt the day after ... I had trouble keeping my eyes open during the seminar I was at. And afterwards we went to a nice restaurant so I was in bed around 11 p.m. I slept like a stone. Was late for breakfast the morning after ... another day of the seminar. When we were sitting there it started to snow ... and it snowed and snowed. Well compared to other countries it was probably just a small snowflake on the ground .... on Germany this is enough to delay flights and trains and everthing that is transportation.

So we came to the airport in good time .... when we arrived the flight was already 40 minutes delayed ... and this on a Friday evening ... usch. While we were waiting it went up to 50 .... the staff let us get on board .... we were waiting. Then people came to take the ice away. Now that was interesting .... I took pictures :)


It took a long time after that anti icing until the plane took off ... I was wondering in between if it wouldn't have ice again. All of us were hungry and tired when it finally was time for take off...

Anyway we were sitting in row 13 ... bad omen? The stewardesses came and served .. and right after I had my drink and snack the flight was about to land again .... which means to put the table back .... which means that my snacks flew through the aircraft since I tried to drink and grabbing some snacks at the same time. Tired and multitasking - doesn't work.

So I had to find a solotion for my things:


By now my colleagues must think I'm nuts .... it's not too bad taking pictures of EVERYTHING when Anja or some other friends are around ... but being with work colleagues is different.

2 Kommentare:

  1. At first, I thought the plane had caught on fire. I thought the guy de-icing the plane was putting out a fire. I think it's the orange lights in the background that made me think that. Glad you got home in one piece. And glad that week is over.

    By the way, does that airplane seat say sylt on it? Are airplane seats edible in Germany? ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. lol thank God it was just de-icing :) first fire fighters at the hostel an then at the aircraft would have been too much in just one year lol

    sylt is a German island :) and this is just a brand .... another false friend German/Swedish :)

    AntwortenLöschen