Sonntag, 28. November 2010

Relaxing weekend or how to make Plätzchen


This weekend I was off .... no work ... no band ... just me. So I had big plans ... decorating my home (or how I call it dieckorating) ... doing the x-mas bakery ... going to IKEA to buy more cup boards ... going to Church and sing and going to the gym.

So Saturday I went first to buy the usual groceries even some stuff for the baking session I planned. After that my trip to IKEA. As usual I bought 4times as much as originally planned and I didn't even buy any sweets, can you believe that? The plan was to buy 2 cupboards ... I came out with additionally 4 candles a plate for the candles, another holder for candles, a pin board, another frame for my walls and tonz of cachepots for my flowers :) It took ages until I was home.

When that was done I started my x-mas bakery .... and here you will get a "how to make German Plätchen" :)

First the dough .... cut it out and put it on a baking tray...



Add the first decoration or bake them just as they are ....


Bake them just a couple of minutes ...


When they are cold you can continue decorating ...

Today I got up at 7 am since I went to Church today for the first advent singing. The Church was so crowded and we, the choir, sounded so awesome. I just love singing in Churches, it's so great. But x-mas singing is special, you get a feeling that lasts for the whole day :)

When I was back I started the decoration of my apartment. I'm far away from being ready and my flat is still a mess but I starts to take some shape. So here you can see my first achievments. I think I need to buy some fir branches to put them around the candles.


After that I went to the gym and spent 3 hours there. I visited my very first Pilates course there and still don't know what to think of .... well I will have a aching body tomorrow, that much is for sure :)

So happy first advent to all of you :)

2 Kommentare:

  1. Sounds like the most relaxing day ever. What songs did you sing at church?

    I really like your Christmas decorations by the way. The julbock is a nice touch.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. yepp it was indeed :) We sang Dotter Sion in Swedish and English. The funny thing was that I knew the Swedish lyrics but had no clue about the German ones. Then we sang ... I have no clue what the titles of the other 2 were lol

    :) to the fact that you like my x-mas decortion

    AntwortenLöschen